kindleaholic

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Patrick Rothfuss
This Side of the Grave
Jeaniene Frost
Zoo City
Lauren Beukes
Under Witch Curse (Moon Shadow Series #3) - Maria E. Schneider Between a 4 and a 5 for me.This is a solid entry in the Moon Shadow series. I love visiting this world. The pace of daily life is a bit slower (this isn't New York or LA) and the magic has a very set, almost scientific feel. I've always liked that part of the series.Of course, there is still plenty of murder and mayhem. Someone from Adriel's past is making life difficult, and a string of burglaries with dead bodies left behind has White Feather's cop brother calling in our happy couple.Of course, things are not 100% happy in the land of the newly joined Adriel and White Feather. This is new territory for her and she is definitely having some growing pains. It never gets too angsty though. It felt natural for the character (who can be more than a bit prickly).I also liked that we got to see more of both Adriel and White Feather's families. Gordon is an ass, and it will be interesting to see where that goes.There is also enough action to keep me happy.My favorite part, though, is the evolution of Adriel and Lynx's relationship. So, so good and so many parts that I adored. Adriel's teenage sidekick/middleman is growing up. Seeing how much they need each other, and how much emotion they are willing to chance with each other is really endearing. Their last scene together - I loved it. Her and WFs relationship is a great part, but Adriel and Lynx's bond will always be my fav part of this series.[I received a very early look at this book.]