kindleaholic

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Patrick Rothfuss
This Side of the Grave
Jeaniene Frost
Zoo City
Lauren Beukes
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms - N.K. Jemisin Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It was one of the best books I read in 2010, and is one of my favorite fantasy books of all time. The complex world-building got my attention right away, and the wonderfully-drawn characters kept me rooted in the story. I was invested in Yeine, the main character, early on and came to love many of the supporting characters as well. There is a lot going on in this world, so there is ample room for more books. It will be interesting to see where the series goes on from here. The writing style is different than most of the books I've read lately. It is disjointed in places, but the why is explained about halfway through the book, so the style fits with what is happening to Yeine. I also appreciated that I didn't have to read the whole book to find out the "why".The ending felt a bit rushed to me, but it wasn't enough to diminish my enjoyment of the book. I'll be anxiously awaiting more from Jemisin, both in this series and in future works.