kindleaholic

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Patrick Rothfuss
This Side of the Grave
Jeaniene Frost
Zoo City
Lauren Beukes
Blade Song (Colbana Files #1) - J.C. Daniels Kit Colbana is half human, half Aeneris - a little known warrior race with some mad tracking skills. Kit has demons - a ginormous understatement - and I liked the details that showed how her upbringing affected her. She stays true to herself, and I loved the pseudo-ultimatum she gives at the end. Loved it.Kit lives in an Orlando that is a haven for supernaturals. She's a PI, dealing mostly with finding things and people, is wicked with a bow, and has a magic sword. She also has an attitude and tends to speak first, think about the consequences later. Then Damon, a shifter, comes into her office needing her help to find a missing kid, and Kit can't say no. There's an alpha male, some nasty humans, witches, vampires, all kinds of shifters, and of course, lots of action. You know I love me some action.I enjoyed this one a lot. Great pacing and I liked the world. The characters were good too, and there is lots more to explore in this supernatural Orlando.One aspect of Walker's books that I really love is her dialogue. It's organic, doesn't feel forced, and just plain feels right in the story. It might be under a different name, but that is true here as well. The banter was just good stuff.If you like romance in your UF, this is a good one for you. It's not a Romance, but should have enough to keep you happy. It had the right balance for me.The teaser for book 2 was damn good as well. I'll be reading that one.[I received an ARC of this book.]