kindleaholic

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Patrick Rothfuss
This Side of the Grave
Jeaniene Frost
Zoo City
Lauren Beukes
Tin Swift - Devon Monk The continuing adventures of Cedar Hunt, a man cursed to hunt the Strange, beings who prey on humans in this alternate late 1800s America, his brother Wil, also cursed, Mae Lindstrom, a witch being driven insane by her coven, Rose Small, a young woman eager for adventure with an eye for glim, and the Madder brothers, three eccentric men who are more than they appear and who have made a deal with Cedar. We also have some new characters, most notably Hink Cage, the captain of the titular airship. Of course, I can't forget the horrific villains. We have a journey to take Mae to her coven interrupted by Strange happenings, a dangerous injury, old enemies and new allies. I liked it by the end. It took me about 100 pages to get into it. It did help to read the short Hang Fire first. I was so used to our main cast of characters that it threw me off a bit when Hink was brought into the mix. The pacing is different than book 1 and the middle part has quite a bit of romance with not one but two pairings. This one felt like a middle book. I think there is some really good setup for book 3, with some new allies and a reorganization of the group.