kindleaholic

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Patrick Rothfuss
This Side of the Grave
Jeaniene Frost
Zoo City
Lauren Beukes
The Best of All Possible Worlds: A Novel - Karen Lord I picked this one up because alien worlds, time travel, psychic powers, yes I want to read that. I just finished it and while I liked it, I also am going to have the hardest time talking about it.Sci fi relationship book is what first came to mind.Yep, we have some time travel, interplanetary massacres, refugees making their home on a new planet, the misuse of psychic powers, slavery, kidnapping, but really, under all of it and featured most prominently is the developing relationship between two people from very different cultures who come together through work, respect and an acceptance of each other.I did feel that a lot of the book was telling me things vs showing. However, I was still totally into it. Even when all of the extra bits: psychic powers, refugee clashes, slavery and abuse are touched on and have an impact on the story, but not really delved into in any great detail. The main characters are on a tour of the planet with very little time to stop in any one place for long, so we too are whisked from issue to issue.I am used to a lot more action. This was a quieter read for me. Not what I expected, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Now, if I had been in the mood for a rip-roaring adventure, I would have put this one down. SInce I just finished one of those, this was a nice departure.