kindleaholic

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Patrick Rothfuss
Jeaniene Frost
Zoo City
Lauren Beukes

If You See Her

If You See Her - Shiloh Walker 3.75 - I still like book 1 better, but this was a good read that I tore through quickly. It's one of the few non-paranormal romances that I really like. After all of the tension of If You Hear Her, this was a kind of a break. Although there is still danger, it was a bit less creepy than book 1. I think because the main bad guy is completely focused on Hope (for personal reasons), whereas the killer is taking his own breather after the events in the previous book. He has stopped "hunting" because the cops know something bad is happening in Ash. So, what we have here is a middle book, focusing on Hope and Remy. The killer is biding his time for a bit, but starting to get obsessed with Hope because of her survival. Hope has been battered, fleeing the memories of an abusive past. Remy feels drawn to Hope, even when he thinks he shouldn't be. There were some sweet moments between them.I'm kind of loving how Walker uses the killer here. Don't get me wrong, he is evil and must die a horrible, horrible death. He is one creepy bastard and he is very territorial about other creepy bastards honing in on his territory. I just like that Walker gives him a bit more depth. It actually ups the creepy factor for me and makes it more realistic that he would be able to hide in plain sight.I liked Remy and Hope together, although I think that the relationship between Lena and Ezra was a better natural flow for me. I wanted to punch Law, although I get that it was setting the stage for the next book. We also get an intro to the other main character in book 3. I still liked getting to jump around the heads of the different townsfolk. This is a very unique Rom-Suspense, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all comes together in If You Know Her.