kindleaholic

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Patrick Rothfuss
Jeaniene Frost
Zoo City
Lauren Beukes

Chicks Kick Butt

Chicks Kick Butt - 4.5 starsI really liked this one - I believe it's the first anthology I've read where every story is good, with several great ones. I have some authors to check out too, and there's several that I'm hoping will spawn either full books or at least more shorts.If you've read any of my reviews you already know I love ass-kicking heroines, so no big surprise that I had to read this one. There were a lot that belonged to series I haven't read, but I wasn't lost at all.Shiny by Rachel Caine: a Weather Wardens story. I've only read book 1 in that series, but I wasn't lost. Fun start to the anthology. Action, humor, and really fast cars.In Vino Veritas by Karen Chance: From the Dorina Basarab series. I haven't read that one, but I really think I should. Fun story of how a tough chick kicks ass even when she's sitting down.Hunt by Rachel Vincent: Probably the most serious out of all of the stories. Murder, hunters, and a werecat facing her demons. I haven't read Vincent's Shifters series yet, but I've got it on the list.Monsters by Lilith Saintcrow: Where the vampire must avenge the death of her family by going after the human vamp slayers. Very interesting take on vampires. Hoping to get more in this world.Vampires Prefer BLondes by PN Elrod: I first read PN Elrod in the 90s. I need to go back and reread them. Good short with KJack's girlfriend Bobbi helping out a fellow chorus girl who married the wrong vampire.Nine Tenths of the Law by Jenna Black: Set in the Morgan Kinsley series. Haven't read this one, but I plan to soon. Good story.Double Dead by Cheyenne McCray: Another series I need to look into. Looks like a really cool world, lots of paranormal creatures.A Rose By Any Other Name Would Still Be Red by Elizabeth A. Vaughn: This one had more of a fantasy feel, vs UF, but still lots of action as a mercenary goes after some slavers. Really liked it.Superman by Jeanne C. Stein: Part of the Anna Strong series, another one I want to read. Ex's and killer vamps are always an interesting combo.Monster Mash by Carole Nelson Douglas: Part of the Delilah Street series, and I really want to read more. Loved the Vegas scene with the classic movie creations reanimated for tourists enjoyment, even if they do take on a life of their own.Wanted: Dead or Alive by LA Banks: How a new vamp comes to terms with who she is, what she can do, and how to fight off her enemies. Mist by Susan Krinard: Norse mythology, a valkyrie living in San Fran thinking she's one of the few to escape Ragnorak and live a "normal"life, but nothing's ever really what it seems.Beyond the Pale by Nancy Holder: Interesting set up that I would want to read more of. A band of knights with magic powers who patrol the Border and try to keep the Wild HUnt at bay, but is everything as it seems?