kindleaholic

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Patrick Rothfuss
Jeaniene Frost
Zoo City
Lauren Beukes

Sealed With a Curse: A Weird Girl Novel

Sealed with a Curse - Cecy Robson I love the set-up of this series, the origin of the sisters powers, and the relationships between the sisters. I mentioned in my review of the novella that it is not often that you get a fantasy book that has strong relationships between female characters. I like the dynamic. Where the novella was romance free, this one has quite a bit. There is tons of action, of course, but also a good amount of romance, especially as the sisters get introduced to the local werewolf pack. Celia is an interesting character. She is very strong - her inner tigress intimidates pretty much everyone. However, this also makes her isolated and lonely. It almost got too much for me at a couple of points where I wanted Celia to buck up and be more confident romance-wise, but at the same time it was believable why she was so unsure. It seems like there might be a triangle, but no my triangle-weary friends, do not fear. I like seeing the various supernatural creatures who are now in the Wird Girls world. I also really dug the setting - I've been to Lake Tahoe and can believe the mystical pull. There is a lot of setting the stage here, of course, but also an action-packed story. Looking forward to more Weird Girl, especially as the girls grow in their place in the supernatural community.[received ARC to review]