kindleaholic

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Patrick Rothfuss
This Side of the Grave
Jeaniene Frost
Zoo City
Lauren Beukes

Bayou Moon (Edge Series #2)

Bayou Moon - Ilona Andrews I need to start by stating that I am a huge fan of Ilona Andrews' work. I can't read the books fast enough. I love how Andrews takes characters that have become a cliche in the genre - the brooding alpha male and the kick-ass heroine, for instance - and turns them into believable, endearing, vulnerable, but still very strong individuals. Andrews definitely does it again in Bayou Moon. William - the changeling (shapeshifter) who lost the girl in On the Edge, is back to battle his nemesis Spider (a very creepy and well-drawn villain). Along the way he teams up with Cerise - a tough warrior woman who has the stress of taking care of her large and crazy family. Her parents are missing, captured by Spider, and he's sent his monsters looking for Cerise. What follows is nonstop action with a fantastic supporting cast of characters, as well as a very well-told romance. Like the Kate Daniels series, where I felt the books got better as the series went on, I enjoyed Bayou Moon more than the first Edge book. The stakes were higher, and William is a very sympathetic hero, who more than meets his match in Cerise. It was also good to see that the tradition of the endearing but scary, powerful as hell Edge Grandma is still in effect in Book 2. It's hard to place the Edge series - it draws from Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance, and Andrews' very creative mind. I just know that I enjoyed every minute of the ride.