kindleaholic

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
L. Frank Baum
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
Patrick Rothfuss
This Side of the Grave
Jeaniene Frost
Zoo City
Lauren Beukes

Magic Graves (Night Huntress, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #0.5)

Magic Graves (Night Huntress, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #0.5) - Jeaniene Frost,  Ilona Andrews I am loving when great authors get together and bundle their shorts as eBooks. This one goes a step further with snippety goodness from future books.A Questionable Client by Ilona Andrews (first in Dark & Stormy Knights) - how Kate met Saiman, a couple of years before the events in Magic Bites (book 1 in the series). Fun story that I loved. New readers to Kate's world will not be confused - a good standalone. Great action and humor. I also love the inclusion of Slavic mythology, not something I've seen a lot in books. Also get snippets of Fate's Edge (Edge #3) and Magic Grieves (upcoming Kate novella).One for the Money by Jeaniene Frost (first in Death's Excellent Vacation) - A Cat & Bones story set after the events in book 4. Really loved it. Cat & Bones need to guard an heiress with a contract out on her life. They also need to deal with Cat's mom (who I actually like here). I'd never call Bones a saint, but his actions here are sure to bring squees of joy from fans. Best if you are caught up to book 4 in the series or there will be spoilers. Also snippets from Once Burned (Vlad's book!!!) and the Cat & Bones story from A Bite Before Christmas.[I got a free review copy of this one, but since I'd reviewed these stories in the original anthologies and my opinion hadn't changed, I just cut and pasted with a couple of minor edits.]